- An assessment panel will be formed for each award. The assessment panels will comprise of arts professionals, including representatives for various art forms;
- They will be responsible for assessing nominations received for the following five awards: ‘Artist of the Year’, ‘Award for Young Artist’, ‘Award for Arts Education in Schools’, ‘Award for Arts Promotion and Education’ and ‘Award for Arts Sponsorship’;
- The recommended awardee list will be submitted to the chief adjudication panel for deliberation and making final decisions; and
- To ensure the assessment is conducted in an open and fair manner and avoid any conflicts of interest on the part of nominees and assessment panel members, the assessment panels will be formed only after all the nominations have been received and confirmed. They will consist of experts and representatives in the particular art form they assess. Nominators cannot participate in the assessment for the category in which they have made nominations.
The list of chief adjudication panel and assessment panel members will be uploaded to this page for public information at a later stage.
- HKADC’s Council members and arts advisors will nominate and elect recipients of the 'Life Achievement Award' and 'Award for Outstanding Contribution in Arts'.
- Various assessment panels will assess the candidates of the five awards that are open for nominations. ‘Artist of the Year’ and ‘Award for Young Artist’ will be assessed by the relevant art form panel.
- The recommended awardee list will be submitted to the chief adjudication panel for deliberation and making final decisions.
- The entire assessment process will be conducted in strict confidentiality and HKADC reserves the right to withhold the granting of any award.
* Where the same persons serve as the Council Chairman and Vice Chairman in the current and last term, the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the term before last shall be invited to sit in the chief adjudication panel.
Tel: 2820 1008
Email: [email protected]